Why social media marketing is like using the scientific method
Here is a reminder of the scientific method with the spin for a social marketing strategy:
Steps of the scientific method:
1. Ask a Question -what goals are you trying to achieve with your on-line marketing efforts? On-line branding, customer service, online PR, increase traffic, increased visibility, increase website ranking, better conversion, marketing a new product or service….
2. Do Background Research -we research your competition, identify what keywords are best to use, and formulate an online marketing strategy/ plan tailored around your particular business model (this can NOT be a one size fits all approach to on line marketing!)
3. Construct a Hypothesis -based on our research/ assessment- we hope to achieve these types of results with this on-line marketing campaign…
4. Test Your Hypothesis by Doing an Experiment -we will assign the right team, implement the strategy, and market test and confirm our on-line marketing campaign (either 100% outsourced or a joint effort (best results are achieved with a joint effort- we do training, coaching, and educational instruction on who does what in the on-line marketing strategy)
5. Analyze Your Data and Draw a Conclusion -quarterly reports using analytics, benchmarks, deliverables, goals met, and other ROI measurements compared to alternative marketing efforts
6. Communicate Your Results -we will report to the executive team what results were achieved, areas we suggest for improvement, and best approaches moving forward.
We work in these 4 capacities:
Per Project Basis
See if your corporation qualifies for starting a social marketing campaign by clicking here: http://www.socialnetworkingsandiego.com/free-website-evaluation/
Want to see some actual Case Studies for existing clients? Click Here for Case Studies
P.S. Here are 4 tips on how to choose the right social media marketing consultant
Tags: Advertising, Business, Internet Marketing, Marketing, Marketing Agencies, Marketing Campaign, Marketing Firm, Marketing Strategy, Online Marketing, Online Marketing Strategy, Social Marketing, Social Media, Twitter