Top 5 Lessons Learned about Social Media, Social Networking, Twitter, and Business
With all of the current hype and news on Web 2.0, Social Media, Social Networking, Twitter, and the bailout, I take this time to reflect on this past month – January 2009. Let’s all just take a deep breath, count to 3, and begin to realize how much information overload we really have; or the lack of proper filtering. I, justinrfrench break it all down for you here. I give you the full Entrepreneurial, Business Minded, Tech Guru, Social Media / Social Networking addict, twitterholic synopsis with-out leaving your seat!
If there is one blog site you’re going to read about the growing trends in social networking for business, internet marketing for business, social media for business, or any of the other Web 2.0 solutions for business then I HIGHLY suggest you keep reading this blog.
I would hope after reading this, you would be kind enough to pay it forward, re-tweet this blog, subscribe to this blog, and help spread the word about this revolution occurring because we have only touched the tip of the iceberg on what is to come from my team and I in the not to distant future. If you think Google, Apple, and Microsoft were big, wait till twitter, justinrfrench, and his followers get on the map! You wont want to miss this 21st century bailout we are giving businesses on a silver platter.
For all my fellow twitterholics, followers, alliances, and partners I have formed over the years, I dedicate my mission and personal journey to you. This year I will fully dedicate myself to being the driving force for spreading the word to all Southern California businesses to help educate, instruct, and consult their firms on how to best utilize a social media work flow system tailored around their company.
Here are my Top 5 Lessons Learned (in no particular order) of what you or your business can gain from my summary of the month on the above topics:
1. Lesson 1 – Barack Obama has proven to be more of a leader than I thought. After even talking about setting a cap on CEO pay- he became my hero. MOST CEOs (not all) are over paid, under delivering to shareholders, and quite frankly do not know how to lead in todays 21st century and need a full makeover in upper management. Small businesses will be what gets us through these tough times as Obama states, so start finding how you can fit into this paradigm puzzle.
2. Lesson 2 – Sign up and start using twitter right now! The best business social networking tool Ive seen in the last 5 years! If you have not signed up on twitter, heard of twitter, or been active on twitter, then you are already behind. If you are a true business person, then you already know the importance of first mover advantage so I suggest you get on board. Just Google twitter and get going. If you need twitter training, instruction, or consulting on how to use twitter for business, I have teams of consultants that will come to your office and train, tutor, and educate you on the importance of twitter. After you sign up, make sure you follow me on twitter at http://www.twitter.com/justinrfrench
3. Lesson 3 – Is all this social media, social networking hype really for my business? I thought MySpace and Facebook were for teens and young adults. YES! If your business does not form some type of internet marketing strategy today then you will not be in business tomorrow. I guarantee I can think of one or two social media sites or social networking sites for business that will be beneficial in some way to growing your business.
4. Lesson 4 – What is Social Networking San Diego, Why does my business need to know about this site, and how will it benefit my business? “Social Networking San Diego supports and educates businesses on the value and growing trend in social networking, social media, social marketing, and internet marketing for business. This trend in social networking and social media for business has been packaged together for local companies to use as a proven internet marketing system and online advertising strategy to focus on lead generation and driving traffic to company websites in turn generating new business.- justinrfrench
5. Lesson 5 – What Social Media / Social Networking sites does twitterholic justinrfrench suggest to lay the proper foundation for my business to start gaining a better presence online?
c. Friend feed
e. Word Press
I look forward to your comments, recommendations, or insight on this post – dont be shy. yours truly -
Fellow twitterholic, Justin French
Tags: Advertising, Advertising Strategy, Business, California, Internet Marketing, Internet Marketing Strategy, Lead Generation, Marketing, Marketing Strategy, Online Advertising, Pay It Forward, San Diego, Social Marketing, Social Media, Social Networking, Twitter